10:00AM-1:00PM - Facility site tour & lunch
This is an opportunity to visit one of the most advanced sites for cell therapy manufacture in China with a guided tour from the facilities CEO.
Attendees will have the chance to ask the leadership team about how the facility balances CFDA and global standards, you’ll discover what state-of-the-art manufacturing looks like in China and how CMOs are planning to handle the growing requirements from foreign companies.
Site to be confirmed.
1:00pm – 2:00pm – Innovation, Incubation and Investment – Where’s the best place for your business?
These short presentations will give you an insight into the opportunities and incentives offered to foreign businesses in biotech clusters and life science developments across China.
1:30-1:45 – Shanghai Juke Biotech Park/ Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park (Invited)
1:45-2:00 – Nanjing International Healthcare Area (Invited)
2:00-2:15 – Beijing Zhongguancun Life Science Park/ China Beijing Bioengineering and Pharmaceutical Industrial Park (CBP) (Invited)
2:15 – 2:30 – Shenzen Hi- Tech Industrial Park (Invited)
2:00 -3:00 – Mini workshop - Wechat: Your gateway to business in China
- What is wechat? Why is it so important in China?
- Tips, trends and user behaviour
- Getting started on Wechat
- Leveraging your personal account
- Getting an official account for your business
- Forming and managing Wechat groups
- Using Wechat to reach customers
3:00 – 3:30 – Enterprise Risk Management
- Recognising the importance of enterprise risk management strategies
- Considerations for cyber security, IP theft, strategy management risk
- Recruiting and retaining talent from Asia
3:30 – 4:30 – A user’s guide to Chinese business etiquette
- Key differences between Chinese and Western business practices
- Simple tips for what to do, and what to avoid when conducting business in China
- Simple and effective phrases to help you while networking at Phacilitate Leaders Asia and beyond.
To be confirmed: Chris Miller, US-China Business Council
4:30 – 6:30 TBC depending on level of interest – dinner and drinks
If you’d like to see a little bit of Shanghai while you’re over here, we invite you to join the Phacilitate team on a mini-tour of Shanghai. We’ll be heading from the hotel to the Bund, the west bank of the Huangpu River. The Bund is a key symbol of Shanghai, and is the best place to view the collision of the historical century-old influences and modern developments that make up this bustling city. We’ll take a short walk along the Bund to a restaurant for dinner – before heading to a roof-top bar in the city centre.
We’ll return back to the hotel around 9:30pm.